Truthfilled: The Practice of Preaching to Yourself through Every Season - Leader Kit by Ruth Chou Simons - LifeWay
Join Ruth Chou Simons in this 7-session study of the Book of Colossians as she leads us through a practice of preaching gospel truth to ourselves by studying Paul's example. In every changing season of life, we can rest in God’s character, rehearse our identity in Christ, respond in faith, and remember God's provision for us. In today's culture, there's no shortage of self help, easy fixes, and worldly advice, but only the truth of God’s Word was meant to fill you up and satisfy you fully.
- Session 1 (9:55) — In this introductory session, Ruth explains how the practice of preaching truth to her own heart became so important in her spiritual growth. She also walks us through the seasons of the heart that we’ll be studying and quickly unpacks why the Book of Colossians will be so integral to our time in TruthFilled.
- Session 2 (8:19) — Everyday some sort of message runs through our hearts and minds—we can choose to set our hearts on God’s Word and dwell on life-giving truths. Ruth also helps us understand how all right actions come out of right belief about God—who He is and what He has done for His children.
- Session 3 (6:37) — As we unpack the winter season of the heart, when we have to trust God’s unseen work because very little is blooming, Ruth reminds us that resting in God’s character is the only way to have peace and flourish in this life, no matter our circumstances.
- Session 4 (7:51) — In the spring season of the heart, we rehearse who God says we are, all based on who we know God to be. When we practice preaching the truth to ourselves, we nourish our souls and help ourselves thrive in our God-given identities as His children.
- Session 5 (8:59) — The summer season of the heart prompts us to respond in faith to God’s Word. As we look at Colossians 3:5-14, Ruth discusses the importance of putting off fleshly practices and putting on the character of Christ to walk in the new life God has given us and bear fruit.
- Session 6 (5:02) — The fall season reminds us of the need to trust God’s provision for us when times of rest come. As we close our study of the Book of Colossians, Ruth points out how integral the community of faith around each of us is in our perseverance in the faith and continued encouragement.
- Session 7 (6:37) — In this final commissioning session, Ruth celebrates our progress and challenges us to make the practice of preaching truth to our own hearts a regular part of our everyday lives. If we apply our hearts and minds to God’s truth, He’ll transform us by it—more and more into the image of Christ. He’ll also help us to walk in accordance with His will.
|Author||Ruth Chou Simons|