Jesus and Women: In the First Century and Now - Bible Study Book with Video Access
- Leader guide to lead discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions
- Glossary of Hebrew and biblical terms
- Photographs of Israel with commentary of cultural and historical significance
- 7 teaching videos, approximately 60 minutes per session, available via redemption code printed in Bible study book for individual streaming access
- Explore how Jesus generously restores dignity and honor to women in the first century and now.
- Gain deeper insight into the biblical world, including fresh perspective on familiar Bible stories.
- Discover the Bible through the lens of Middle Eastern culture.
- Session 1 (61:03)In this introductory session, Kristi explains the Middle Eastern concept of understanding the Bible in contrast to the Western way we view it and unpacks the story of Jesus and the woman with the issue of blood, encouraging women to take heart because of God's care for them.
- Session 2 (62:46)Kristi traces God's intention for women from the beginning, highlighting notable women mentioned in the Bible. She than explains the loss of cultural honor and significance for women in Jesus' first century world. Jesus came on the scene in the first century and began setting women back in their proper place, restoring their dignity and honor by providing justice and righteousness for each of them.
- Session 3 (62:31)Kristi unpacks the John 4 story of the woman at the well, detailing the contentious history between the Jews and the Samaritans along with other social politics of the day.
- Session 4 (62:04)Walking through the importance of table fellowship and hospitality in Jesus' first century world, Kristi than explains the Luke 7 story of the woman who anoints Jesus' feet with her tears and wipes them with her hair.
- Session 5 (59:14)Kristi expounds on the oral teaching tradition that was so prominent in Jesus' day and explores many of the parables in Luke, showing how Jesus' use of women in His teaching was a revolutionary way of showing the world that women have a part in the kingdom of God.
- Session 6 (60:46)Diving into the story of the woman caught in adultery shared in John 7, Kristi details some of the gospel parallels therein and shows Jesus' care for women in this situation.
- Session 7 (60:17)In this final session, Kristi explores the stories of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the story of Mary and Martha, both kingdom adventures that God invited women to be a part of.
About the Author
Kristi McLelland is a speaker, teacher, and college professor. Since completing her Masters in Christian Education at Dallas Theological Seminary, she has dedicated her life to teaching people how to study the Bible for themselves, discipleship, and writing about how God is better than we ever knew by explaining the Bible through a Middle Eastern lens. Her great desire for people to truly experience the love of God has birthed her desire to lead biblical study trips to Israel, Turkey, Greece, and Italy.
|Bible Study||Jesus and Women|
- Stream all of your applicable purchased video content (including live event simulcasts) from your favorite device.
- Download videos for offline playback (iOS and Android only).
- Search for and favorite videos to make a list of those you want to watch more frequently.