Horizontal Jesus: How Our Relationships with Others Affect Our Experience with God DVD Bible Study Kit by Tony Evans - Lifeway Men's Bible Study
Horizontal Jesus Bible Study Kit includes a small-group Bible Study Book and two DVDs featuring a promotional video and six 28- to 34-minute teaching sessions led by author Tony Evans.
Loving God is vertical love. Loving others is horizontal love. Jesus showed His disciples how these two loves are intertwined in practical ways. While our relationship with God is based on faith alone, He warns and encourages us to see that the way we treat people affects our experience of Him.
In this six-session study, you'll learn how to apply biblical principles drawn from several one-another passages in Scripture. In doing so, you'll reap blessings in your vertical relationship with God.
About the Author
Dr. Tony Evans is a pastor, a teacher, an author, a speaker, and one of the country's most respected leaders in evangelical circles. Through his local church, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, and national ministry, The Urban Alternative, Dr. Evans promotes a Kingdom-agenda philosophy that teaches God's comprehensive rule over every sphere of life as demonstrated through the individual, family, church, and society.
- Bible Study Book
- 2 DVDs
- Original book on which the study is based
- 1: The Theology of It
- 2: Loving One Another
- 3: Connecting with One Another
- 4: Encouraging One Another
- 5: Restoring One Another
- 6: Serving One Another
- Teaching videos with Dr. Tony Evans
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader tips
- Individual study opportunities for continuing spiritual growth
- Six-session Bible Study Book with group and personal components
- Group experience driven by content from Dr. Evans' video teaching
- Discover how your vertical relationship with God is connected to horizontal relationships with others.
- Develop a greater appreciation for the church.
- Identify personal application from Jesus’ example of meeting spiritual and physical needs.
Reorient your attention from private spirituality to public and practical lifestyles of faith.
|Bible Study||Horizontal Jesus|