Dispenser Troubleshooting & FAQ
Troubleshooting tips and frequently asked questions regarding the Touch-Free Automatic Hand Sanitizer Gel Dispenser.
My dispenser isn’t working. What should I do?
Common Troubleshooting Tips:
- If you only inserted 4 batteries, try using 8 batteries in the dispenser.
- Try performing a RESET:
- Hold the Power button for 30 seconds (wait until the light starts to flash rapidly, then release)
- Push the Power button once to turn the dispenser back on
- Press the 2-Drop button once
- Press the 1-Drop button once
- Close the lid and test the dispenser by waving a hand under the sensor.
- If you’re using a stand or wall-mount that was not purchased through us, check that there is at least a 6-inch gap beneath the sensor and drip tray being used with the dispenser. NOTE: If you ordered a Purell-type dispenser stand from us, and later ordered our branded Concordia Automatic Sanitizer Dispenser, please contact us for more assistance by calling 1-800-521-0751. Please have your order number(s) on hand for reference.
If there is not at least a 6 inch gap from bottom of the dispenser to a drip tray, it will not properly reset. Our custom stand accommodates for this.